Case Studies - Web design, development & hosting
Adclub of Fort Worth - Fort Worth, Texas
Business Problem - Client required a dynamic web designed to advertise and support monthly programming and ongoing objectives of the organization.
- Designed Web templates, pages and interfaces to allow the web design to be updated quickly and efficiently.
- Designed and developed database to allow on-registration for sponsored conferences.
- Interfaced with commercial e-commerce application to allow on line payment for conferences.
Larry's Shoes - Fort Worth, Bedford, Arlington, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Webster, Lewisville - Denver, Englewood Colorado
Business Problem - Adding physical store locations are extremely capital intensive due to land, construction, inventory and personnel costs. Larry's Shoes wanted to increase sales without significant capital or operational costs.
- Business to Customer Web Site allowing Larry's Shoes to open a virtual store accessible anywhere in the world.
- Database driven content allowing customers to query inventory based on name brand, life-style, shoe size, width, shoe type. Database queries are tuned for sub second response time from use of the on-line catalogue.
- Shopping cart, credit card validation, point of sale integration, secure transactions, marketing database capture of client information
- High end flash, music, graphics, sounds, customized mp3 player with Larry's shoes skin
- Email campaigns and marketing program to drive customers to the web site.
<%' General Electric Structure Finance Group
Business Problem - With over a dozen oil and gas partnerships GE
' was finding it difficult to properly manage assets and monitor performance
' of its partnerships. The sheer volume of paperwork and reports associated
' with good fiscal management made it difficult if not impossible
' to focus on proactive steps to improve performance rather than just
' measuring it.
- Extensive web based application, which facilitates the submission
' of partnership financials, Independent consultant forecasts, futures
' pricing, hedging contracts and related GE performance metrics.
- Automated measurement of individual partnership performance
' objectives based on submitted financial statements. Automated
' email notification of non-conformances with detailed analysis
' of variance from budget.
- Interfaced with 12 different oil and gas accounting system packages.
- Sophisticated integration with Microsoft Office products allowing
' Excel worksheets to be generated on the web for all modeling processes.
- Extensive combination of graphs and charts to generate a GE
' Dashboard so that partnership performance could be determined
' at a glance.
- Over 40 different tools analytical and financial tools which
' facilitate sophisticated data mining aimed at improving performance.
Business Problem - Clients of an insurance company wanted to find a better way to communicate to their employees the value of benefits, as well as to remove headaches associated with Human Resource Tasks such as enrollment, plan management, tracking deductions, and employee eligibility.
- Extensive web application and custom database design, which facilitates human resource management, benefits management and communication, and integration with carrier support systems.
- Human Resource secure log in allows access to modules for employee management, group benefits tracking, individual election/participation, eligibility, and benefits package definition.
- System supports Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Care, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life, Section 125 Plan, 401K Plan, and supplemental insurance.
- Integrated linkage to Carrier web sites to provide employees with detail plan descriptions, options, and other support materials and applications available via the web.
Business Problem - Quarterly management meetings require extensive travel due to the location of satellite offices. Management wanted a better way to hold these meetings using technology to reduce lost revenue associated with travel costs and down time for senior management.
- Web design based document management system, which allowed all documents for quarterly meetings to be accessed through a secure web application.
- Administrative features allow Encore to control document submission, categorization, and description.
- Document tracking system includes an audit trail of all activities associated with review and updating of all documents.
- This web design application allows management to execute quarterly meetings via conference calls. Each participant can have access to review documents as necessary during, pre, and post meeting.
Back to List