Database Design, Development & Administration:
A properly designed database is foundational to a well-executed back-office strategy. The capture, storage and analysis of your company's data are a vital asset which should not be left unexplored or underdeveloped. TSG's database designers and administrators know how to design, plan and implement databases which work flawlessly with existing systems, software, and business processes.
We have a broad range of experience working on embedded, personal, workgroup, and enterprise databases. TSG is uniquely competent in designing new database applications which build off of and integrate with your existing systems.
Often databases are hurt by poor design. When this happens, data that should be easy to get to is slow in coming. Signs of bad design are:
- Same data stored in more than one database
- All data in one table.
- No indexes
- Indexes on every field.
To assist you in achieving a well-executed back-office strategy, TSG works with the following programs and services:
- MS SQL Server, Oracle, Progress, Access, Dbase, Fox Pro
- SQL Query design
- SQL Stored Procedures
- SQL Mail
- Schema design, stored procedures, SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Data warehousing/data mart
- Data Translation Services (DTS)
- On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP).
Case Studies - Databases